- To be the leader of the South African Indian experience that reflects and impacts upon the richness and diversity of the Indian culture, language, religion and music.
- To add value to the quality of life of South Africans of Indian heritage.
- Provide and disseminate quality content that is education, entertaining and informative.
- Content must be credible, authentic and relevant which empowers South Africans.
- Promote Nation Building and democracy to all South Africans.
- Promote and instill a sense of self-worth among all South Africans and the restoration of human dignity.
- To play the best music that appeals to our audience
- Cater for the 3 religions and 5 linguistic groups
- To be positioned as the media partner of choice both locally and internationally
- Marketing that speaks to the heart of our listeners
Lotus FM is the only National Indian Radio Station in South Africa, broadcasting nationwide and streaming to the world. LotusFM first aired on the 8 January 1983 and was first presented by Abel Peters known as Thunderbolt under the station management of Isabel Van De Linde.
We are the entertainment powerhouse for South African Indians, offering the most popular fusion music and entertainment. Lotus FM is known for its music, DJs and events. Although broadcasting is done in English, the station prides itself on providing entertaining language shows, teaching listeners to speak in their mother tongue – Tamil, Urdu, Hindi, Telegu and Gujurati.
Our inclusive mindset, combined with our passionate innovative attitude, allow the station to deliver an environment where the diverse South African meet and amplify their experiences. Therefore our station tagline is “Share the Experience”
Lotus FM is headquartered at the South African Broadcasting Corporation (SABC) in Kwa Zulu Natal.
LotusFM is now under the station management of Alvin Pillay.
Catch LotusFM on 87.7 to 106.8.
Collecting school shoes in the Warm Hearts Campaign
2012 MTN Radio Awards: Morning Show
3 Liberty Radio Awards
Proudly South African Indian individual; Age: 35 -50 yrs ; Techno - savy ; highly aspirational; highly educated
Semi National – KZN, JHB, PE, CT
HOW THIS WORKS
- Choose your neareast location from the list.
- Your frequency will be displayed
- Tune in and enjoy
YOUR FREQUENCY IS: